Pneumatics Training Course
This course provides maintenance personnel and production operators with the skills and knowledge necessary to carry out maintenance tasks on pneumatic and electro-pneumatic systems.
Course has been designed by proffesional manufacturer of industrial equipment and all excersices will be performed on pneumatic training simulator. Instructors are pneumatics engineers with minimum of 20 years of maritime,shipyard and industrial experience. The course also meets the requirements of the shipboard training guidelines and is aimed at Marine engineer officers and Marine electricians, who may be expected to carry out maintenance and repairs of pneumatic equipment.
Duration of the course: 3 days
PARTICIPANTS Suitable for anyone who is required to maintain industrial pneumatic systems. No prior knowledge of pneumatic or electrical principles is necessary.
COURSE PRESENTATION A practical approach is taken throughout this course with participants gaining valuable "hands-on" experience on training equipment utilising industry-standard components designed to simulate industrial systems. Comprehensive course notes are provided.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the need for safe isolation and be able to apply safe working practices when working with pneumatic and electro-pneumatic systems
- understand schematics
- demonstrate relevant underpinning knowledge (units, pressure, forces, etc)
- identify, inspect, adjust and replace:
- sensors (pneumatic valves and electrical switches, proximity sensors and switches)
- valves (air and solenoid operated, sequence, directional control)
- actuators (cylinders and rotary)
- AND / OR elements, relays, timers, flow controls and quick exhausts
- use visual indicators and manual overrides to check operation of components
- carry out repairs to pneumatic systems, replace fittings, plastic pipe-work, etc
- use pneumatic circuit drawings as an aid to systematic fault-finding
- understand how PLCs are interfaced and used to control pneumatic systems
- understanding of pneumatics diagrams (diesel engine engine pneumatics, watertight doors)
List of all available courses can be viewed here: Training-courses
Feel free to contact us by or check our contact details for any additional info or inquiry.