High voltage training - management level
This course is a three days course, approved by the Republic of Slovenia (Slovenian Maritime Administration) and by the Republic of Croatia (Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure) and by the Bureau Veritas (Maritime/Offshore Divison) in line with the requirements laid down by the STCW for revalidation of Chief Engineer Officer CoC Reg and Second Engineer Officers. III/2 and III/3 (Management Level). The course also meets the requirements of the Shipboard High Voltage Training guidelines and is aimed at Marine Engineering officers who may be expected to supervise and/or implement on-board high voltage switching operations as an "Authorised Person". Who should attend:
Chief engineer officers, Second engineer officers, Marine Electricians, ETOs, Engineer surveyors, Marine superintendents.
The course is designed to increase the troubleshooting skills and fault diagnostics procedures for marine electrical and mechanical engineers employed on various ships and offshore installations. This course will give knowledge and understanding of maritime HV installations and safety working procedures. The course will emphasize the safety aspect of electrical engineering work, recommendation on good safe practicies, procedures and precautions be taken to maximize the safety of personnel. The course will provide both theoretical and practical instructions in safe training enviroment.
This course is to be held every five years.
Main topics of the course:
- International requisites for high voltage knowledge
- Advantages of high voltage sytems
- Hazards and immediate actions under fault conditions
- The functional operational
- High voltage equipment on board
- High voltage safety rules
- Safe working procedures
- Protective devices
- Assignment of qualified personnel to carry out maintenance and repairs
- High voltage electrical equipment testing methods
- Performing test of insulation resistance and polarization index
- High voltage equipment maintenance
- Taking remedial actions necessary during faults
- Carrying out a switching and isolation procedure on marine high voltage safety documentation
Practical excercises will be held on high voltage training cabinet.
- Proving the system dead
- Earthing and discharging
- Work permits
- Reenergizing the system
- SF6 and vacuum breakers operating principles
- Protections operating principles
- Insulation test
- Electrical diagrams
List of all available courses can be viewed here: Training-courses
Feel free to contact us by or check our contact details for any additional info or inquiry.